Strukivska Church was constructed in 1824. Traditionally, the church is called Strukivska, as it was built exactly where Strukivska Сhapel had stood before, and legend has it that the church was named after shepherd Ivan Struk. The church is designed in the Hutsul style and is almost entirely clad in wood shingles, with not a single nail used in its construction. Inside, a carved iconostasis dating back to when the church was built has been preserved, though the icons got replaced. To this day, the church still works as intended, with church services for the Orthodox and Greek Catholic communities held alternately. Next to the church is a bell tower by no means less impeccable. It was erected in 1813 and brought over from another church, which burned down, to Strukivska’s site in 1895. In terms of its artistic and architectural features, the bell tower is among the most flawless works of the Transcarpathian folk architecture. The Church of the Ascension of the Lord is one of the best preserved Hutsul churches today.
In June 2013, the Church of the Ascension of the Lord was recognized as a site among the Ukrainian wooden churches included in the UNESCO World Heritage List, along with seven other wooden churches of Ukraine.
A UNESCO World Heritage List site.